Hello again, from "haven't had the baby yet" land! :-)
The Brobeck side of 3 weeks early didn't happen for me! OBVIOUSLY!! It might have skipped a generation-we'll find out in 25 or so years with McKenna :-) (well, maybe in like 40 years if dad has anything to say about it ;-) haha).
Thought I would do a little update since it's been a few weeks and things have finally progressed!
Last week (week 37) at the doctor appointment, still 1 cm/50% effaced, her head was just down to the "-1 station"... so working her way down! Measuring at 35 cm on the belly, so "2 weeks" behind, but she had dropped down again. The Dr. was really surprised at how far down her head was!
Today was another appointment, 38 weeks, 2 days. (Only 12 until due date!) Anyways, measured at 37.5 cm! Almost right on target!! I'm up to 2 cm dilated, stretchy enough to a 4 which is good! 70% effaced and her head is now "engaged" in my pelvis-at the "zero" station! SOOOO we are progressing! THANK THE LORD! I keep praying crazy for this little baby to make her debut! Dr. also "stripped the membranes", basically separating the amniotic sac "bag of waters" form the cervix.. Often it helps get labor going! Like delivery in a day or 2 sort of thing! SOOOOO hopefully that will happen!
here are the "stations" as baby's head gets lower and lower! It's only 5 cm from crowning!(Dr also said if I'm waddling, not to feel bad about it since her head is so far down in my pelvis :-) Christian said the other day I wasn't waddling, so lets hope it's still true!)
Today was Christian's grandpa's birthday, so it would be a good shared day, and I'm trying really hard to help it out! :-) If labor could at least start today and her be born tomorrow, I'd be excited :-) Christian gets 10 days of paternity leave-so if she would make it tomorrow, we would have until April 27/28th with dad home! His new job begins May 1st and then he has to go to Utah May 4-6 for work, so if McKenna is born any later, we won't be getting our full 10 days :-( I really really REALLY would like those 10 days :-) God knows how much I really NEED them! So I'm hoping between God and McKenna, their plans start up here soon!
Otherwise, not too much happening! Waiting and waiting and WAITING for this baby! Christian gets to go to work everyday and not have much to do, boredom keeps kicking in (see, he really needs these 10 days off!) I keep trying to talk this baby into making her entrance. I think she may be scared to meet us :-) I've tried cleaning the floors on my hands and knees, eating pineapple, walking, walking and more walking-we'll be doing more of that tonight ;-) UG haha...
Christian has been doing yard work too, since it's been kinda nice outside! One little project he is working on is converting a little section of the side yard for growing food! haha, so he built this little fence to keep the dogs out. Looks pretty good eh?!
and of course the dogs contribution to fencing :-)
Christian has been doing a lot of research on vehicles lately, trying to find a good deal and such... Well, my little car now lives in Mountain Home and he brought home a "mom car"! haha But a COOL mom car! It's a 2006 Chevy Equinox, less than 18,000 miles on it, it was a lease before! My biggest requirements if we really were going to get a new car: SUNROOF. And wouldn't ya know, it has one! :-) I made use of it today as a matter of fact! So it was a good deal, low payments, low miles... pretty exciting! I had my Civic since I was 18! Kinda sad, I didn't even get to say goodbye :-( haha, but the "Meesh L" license plates now have a new home! So now we have a nice little family vechicle. I believe McKenna was waiting for it, she wanted to ride home in it, not in the truck :-) haha
What else... Not too much, Easter was in Parma with the Brobeck side as usual... Good times. Baby didn't let me put her in an Easter dress, little stinker! :-) But that's ok... Well... That's about it I believe...
I'm going to go for now, work on walking everywhere and get this baby coming! Hopefully next post will be SOON and have cute little McKenna Rhae Bellenger pictures!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment