Thursday, April 30, 2009

Here we are again...



With baby still in the belly. 2 days late! CRAZY! Never thought we'd make it this far... 6 weeks ago today was when a doctor said "I wouldn't be surprised if you had a baby in the next 2 weeks".

HA.

Thanks for getting me, Christian and everybody else all worked up! Everyday I think "this is it, she'll decide to come today". And everyday so far, it hasn't happened! I wish I would have known I was going to have to practice my patience! TRY to practice patience anyways... I'm not very good at it. So I'm always too impatient and too anxious... I've spent time trying to do the things people say make labor start... Eh, not happened. I've even given up and just relaxed and done nothing to try to make it happen. HAHA. I think she's afraid of us! She is still in the womb and has a mind of her own! Watch out world-when she does debut, oh boy, we haven't seen anything yet!!

So.. update on everything: Christian's start his recruiter job tomorrow!! So exciting!! (minus the NO paternity days off). Monday the 3rd he is supposed to go to Utah... mmm. I will not allow it if McKenna hasn't arrived (PLEASE LET HER BE HERE BY THEN!! I keep praying... I don't know what the plan is!)... My doctor isn't being very cooperative-she won't induce me until at least 41 weeks (Tuesday the 4th).. Even with Christian supposed to be going out of town, it is SOOOO frustrating! She says inductions don't take very well on first time mom's until 41 weeks, BUT she will only go past 41 weeks by 1 or 2 days because things get riskier. It just does not make sense! I can understand it not working on women who aren't dilated or effaced or haven't had any contractions. BUT I have been dilated for SIX WEEKS! (on a side note: I'm writing this blog and apparently I'm in an extra frustrated mood about everything haha.. sorry! I can still blame it on the pregnancy hormones at least!! HAHA) And there are PLENTY of first time moms that get induced and works out just fine. Being past 40 weeks, I should get more of a say about it! SHEESH! Anyways! All I need are some serious contractions and some water breaking and baby will be here in no time! Ok, maybe not no time but you understand. As of Monday (April 27) I was dilated to 3 cm and 75-80% effaced. Baby had moved back up to the negative 1 station strangely BUT still. "Active labor" starts by 4 cm. It really is just a waiting game! I have another doctor appointment tomorrow (I'm praying I don't make it!) where we'll "make a plan" about induction and she'll strip my membranes for the FOURTH time. It seems to me McKenna just wants her birthday to be in May. She only has about 13 hours left of April, so we'll see! I'm betting on May. I'm hoping if she wants May, it'll be like 12:05 May 1st. HAHA! I have had back cramps/labor/pain everyday this week, along with some lower belly aching, just not SERIOUS contractions... I've never looked forward to pain, but I have been wanting this pain to begin for a LONG TIME NOW.

I'm afraid baby will get too big to come out all natur-al. My Doctor says it shouldn't be a problem but you never know! Starting at 36 weeks babies pack on about 1/2 a pound a WEEK! I think McKenna will be over 7 pounds by now! Who knows what my hips can handle! AND unfortunately, just in the past week a few stretch marks started showing up. YES. My belly made it to almost 40 weeks of pregnancy without stretch marks. CRAZY. I'm not complaining at all, but if she would just make her debut... MY GOODNESS! I'm REALLY afraid she doesn't EVER want to come out. Sometimes I can't see the end in sight! BUT I guess if NOTHING else, I will be induced BY NEXT THURSDAY (that would be 41 weeks 2 days).. so the end is semi near. That would still be a week from today! I CANNOT IMAGINE!

Baby is really, really active and seems healthy, her heart rate good at each check up, lower each time though.. She loves to poke her body parts in my ribs and sides... pretty entertaining, sometimes uncomfortable haha... And I'm doing well with the pregnancy still... I hit the swell up like crazy point, I haven't worn my wedding ring in weeks and my feet are so fat I have one pair of flip flops I wear and that's all! AND I have cankles most of the time UG! hahaha... the fun of being pregnant! My doctor should be happy, I am at about 25 pounds gained since my pre-pregnancy weight (which actually in the beginning: lost 8, gained the 8, gained almost 25 HAHA).. I'll put more pics today, hopefully I'm not too nasty looking :-) haha... belly has gotten GIGANTIC in the past few weeks. The comments of "you look like you're about to pop". WELL YES. Thank you, I will be glad to! :-)

So basically, baby should be here anytime. I'm hoping sooner more than later. We didn't expect pregnancy to go so long where it would actually interfere with Christian's new job. Between the 34 week scare and family history of 37 weeks... OY. I really hoped he would get to have his 10 days off when she was "brand new" but it's not looking that way... Maybe he can use some of those days when his family comes to visit. PS- SOOOO excited for the end of May when you guys come! Officially McKenna will be less than a month old even! I can't wait! :-)

So lets hope for baby soon. Today preferably ;-) She would share her birthday with Aunt Nica-hope you won't mind if she decides that! :-) HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICA!!!!

So.. I just thought I would give this little baby update. I don't plan on updating again until baby REALLY is HERE! haha.. but that should be soon! Not much else going on in Bellenger land that I can think of... Christian is in Mountain Home finishing up paperwork stuff-so he is officially not part of that base anymore... He has a little weight lifted off his shoulders, for now.. This new job should be exciting and hopefully not too stressful! Time consuming though... But it'll be good for a change after almost 8 years! I'm excited for it and I know he is too! :-) If baby isn't here tomorrow I will be sure to take a "first day of work" picture and post it :-) haha! Anyways... this next week should be an interesting one, hopefully baby sooner than later so all work plans are messed up... well, I guess you can't call them messed up-they just will have to be postponed... Hope things are well with everybody who take the time to read this silly thing.. haha :-) Keep us updated in your lives too!

xoxoxo
40 weeks and 1 day
39 weeks and 6 days (sorry I look like CRAP)

No comments: